Health equity starts with more inclusive health research
Some groups of people have been excluded from health research in the past. These include people with disabilities, as well as racial and ethnic minorities, and sexual and gender minorities. The All of Us Research Program wants to make sure that everyone is seen and counted.
That’s why we and a coalition of disability organizations want you to read “No Research About Us Without Us“, our Inclusion Statement about the All of Us Research Program!
Keep reading to learn more below!
“No Research About Us Without Us” reflects the feedback and input of many people. This statement highlights the importance of All of Us to advance better health for all, and the ways that All of Us is striving for deeper inclusivity.
Developed in consultation with our Disability Consortium partners and their members, this document was created by engaging a broad coalition of people with disabilities.
We invite you to learn more about its creation in our Press Release.
- American Association on Health and Disability
- American Foundation for the Blind
- Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities
- Atlantis Community, Inc.
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- Boston Center for Independent Living
- Center for Inclusive Design and Innovation, Georgia Tech
- Center for Independent Living of South Florida
- Center for Technology and Disability Studies, University of Washington
- Chicagoland Disabled People of Color Coalition (DPOCC)
- Disability Empowerment Center
- Hopper Health – Brooklyn, NY
- Independence First
- Lakeshore Foundation
- National Association of the Deaf
- National Council on Independent Living
- No Health Without Mental Health (NHMH)
- Progress Center for Independent Living
- Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities
- Spina Bifida Association
- Summit Independent Living
- TIRR Independent Living Research Utilization
- UC Davis MIND Institute
- United Spinal Association
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Montana
- Jae Jin Pak – Chicago, IL
- Michael Wayne Thornton
- Michelle Boulanger Thompson, PhD, OTR/L
- Sandra McClennen, PhD
- Mark Stimson, California
- Laura L. Sorg, MD, FAAFP, Ohio
- Jenifer Taylor Eaton
- Elena Francisco, MS, RDHAP, California
- David Cox, Chattanooga, TN
- Marcella J Schieffelin, Colorado