The American Association on Health and Disability has been a leader in the emergency preparedness and disaster response field for people with disabilities. AAHD staff Co-Chaired the National Consortium on Emergency Response and Disaster Preparedness with partners from the University of New Mexico and University of Kansas. AAHD was a member of the Interagency Coordinating Council Public Sector Subcommittee of the Department of Homeland Security, the American Nurse’s Association Expert Panel on Disaster Preparedness, the Consortium on Citizens with Disabilities on Emergency Management and the Montgomery County Special Needs Task Force.
- AAHD Staff invited to present at Institute of Medicine Committee on Prepositioned Medical Countermeasures for the Public
- AAHD Invited to Join Medical Countermeasure Public Engagement Initiative (HHS) (ASPR) (OPP)
- AAHD staff appointed to National Biodefense Science Board (HHS)
We invite you to preview the following documents that AAHD and our partners have developed:
- All AAHD resources for Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness Government Resources by State and Territory
- Office of Disability Integration and Coordination (ODIC)
- Ready America
- H1N1 and People with Disabilities
- American Association on Health and Disability 2008 Annotated Bibliography on Emergency Preparedness and Response for People with Disabilities
- Compendium of Initiatives on Emergency Preparedness and People with Disabilities in CDC Funded States 2007.
- “Tips for First Responders”
- Report and Recommendations of the National Working Group on The Needs and Priorities of People with Disabilities in Emergency Preparedness and Response
- National Consortium on Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Response for People with Disabilities