Opportunities at AAHD
The American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) www.aahd.us is a cross disability national non-profit 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to promoting public health initiatives for children and adults with disabilities. AAHD accomplishes its mission through research, education, policy and public awareness efforts at the federal, state and community level. AAHD strives to reduce health disparities in people with disabilities, advocate for full community inclusion and accessibility. The official journal of AAHD is the Disability and Health Journal (www.disabilityandhealthjnl.com).
The American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) is looking to hire a full-time Project Associate in their Rockville, MD office. The Project Associate will report directly to the Director of Public Health Programs and tasks will consist of the following:
- Project Associate will coordinate communication and outreach strategies with state/local partners on various AAHD public health and research initiatives.
- Project Associate will assist in developing messaging for various public health initiatives, including preparing blog posts and news items for the AAHD websites.
- Project Associate will work in conjunction with the Director and Communication Associate to monitor and manage social media posting and engagements for all AAHD social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn. This includes reporting on metrics for social media posts as required by AAHD’s dissemination contracts.
- Project Associate will assist in the preparation of the two weekly AAHD newsletters.
- Project Associate will assist with conducting literature reviews, participate in workshop curriculum development, recruit workshop participants and summarize workshop results.
- The Project Associate will join grant writing activities as needed, contributing strategic or programmatic ideas. Involvement will be dependent on relevant experience in other projects.
- The Project Associate will perform relevant administrative tasks to assigned projects including but not limited to metrics reporting, invoice collection, and meeting facilitation.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required. Advanced degree, such as MPH, preferred.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, statistical analysis program such as SPSS, WordPress, social media applications, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, survey tools and other applicable software programs
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of health insurance coverage, including Medicare and Medicaid as well as knowledge of the Affordable Care Act is preferred.
It is anticipated that this individual will work on location at the AAHD office in Rockville, MD, but the position could allow for some remote work. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should submit a resume to Karl Cooper (email@example.com) by July 30, 2021.
AAHD is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.