AAHD Legislative Agenda
AAHD Advocacy Priorities 2020
- Protect the funding of the Medicaid program and oppose any cuts or caps which would be detrimental to the health and well-being of people with disabilities, with a particular focus on strengthening the Medicaid home-and-community-based services (HCBS) programs.
- Preserve the Protections Provided by the Affordable Care Act. These include:
- Prohibition against denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Guaranteed renewability of coverage
- Prohibition against individual underwriting
- Essential health benefits required in every qualified health plan
- Prohibition against lifetime monetary caps
- Prohibition against discrimination in health programs
- Extension of the mental health parity to the individual and small group market
- Medicaid expansion
- Reduce health disparities and promote health and wellness in people with disabilities, including women’s health, access to healthcare providers and health care facilities, and training of health care providers, including maintenance of existing protections through the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Support inclusive healthy communities and full accessibility, including maintenance of existing protections through the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Promote Quality and Performance Measurement, including appropriate self-directed, home and community-based services targeted to persons with disabilities
- Promote Self-Management and Self-Direction in Health Promotion and Wellness
- Expansion of patient/consumer centered health (medical) home
To identify and contact your congressional representative: click here.
No CDC funds were used in the development or creation of the Advocacy & Policy pages on the AAHD website.