Level 3 Funding from 2005-2007
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Office of Health Promotion Programs
Paula F. Marmet, Principal Investigator
Director, Office of Health Promotion
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
1000 SW Jackson, Ste 230
Topeka, KS 66612-1290
Lori Haskett, Program Director
Director, Office of Injury and Disability Prevention Programs (OIDP)
- Kansas Department of Health and the Environment
- Kansas Association for Centers on Independent Living
- Social and Rehabilitation Services
- Brain Injury Association
- Statewide Independent Living Council of Kansas
- University of Kansas Research and Training Center on Independent Living
- Washburn University Joint Center of Violence and Victim Studies
The Disability and Health Program seeks to develop the capacity with the state of Kansas to facilitate a statewide effort to prevent secondary conditions and promote the health of persons with disabilities.
Major Program Activities
- Develop statewide strategic plan to address prevention of secondary conditions and promoting the health of people with disability.
- Document all sources of state data.
- Distribute health promotion information.
Evaluation and Research
The Disability and Health Program will conduct formative, process, impact, and outcome evaluations.
Kansas conducts the quality of life/disability module of the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System annually. A Special Disability Survey was conducted by Kansas’ Disability and Health Program.
Materials and Publications
Kansas Strategic Plan for Disability and Health. 2000