All of Us Research Program
“Nothing About Us Without Us”
AAHD Invites You to Join the All of Us Research Program!
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has created a nationwide research program focused on precision medicine, also known as personalized medicine, to help researchers understand more about why people get sick or stay healthy. The All of Us Research Program plans to recruit one million or more people to share their health and lifestyle data.
- All of Us honors the “Nothing About Us Without Us” sentiment because it invites people with disabilities to contribute to precision medicine research.
- Precision medicine is relevant to people with disabilities because it specializes health care to be more precise, more tailored, and more effective to an individual instead of a ‘one-size-fits-all’ average.
- All of Us offers an opportunity to learn some of one’s own health indicators, to fight disease, and possibly improve the health of future generations.
- People who choose to join will provide information about their health, habits, and what it’s like where they live. By looking for patterns, researchers may learn more about what affects people’s health.
To learn more about the All of Us Research Program, you can email us with questions at email@example.com or check out some of our outreach resources:
- AAHD Call to Action: English | Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about All of Us (Large Print FAQ)
- How to Sign Up
To join the All of Us Research Program, go to JoinAllOfUs.org.
Additional information about AAHD’s work on the All of Us Research Program is available on our All of Us News page.